Dawn Arguello Plans To Marry Demise Row Inmate Nikko Jenkins
The judge ordered a psychiatric evaluation, and a psychiatrist concluded that Jenkins had delinquent persona disorder and was faking psychotic symptoms. OMAHA, Neb. — A sentencing hearing is once more anticipated to be delayed for a man dealing with a possible demise sentence for killing four folks in Omaha simply weeks after he left jail. Erica Jenkins has since been sentenced to life in jail for killing Bradford. She has additionally been convicted of robbing Uribe-Pena and Cajiga-Ruiz earlier than her brother shot and killed them. Jenkins was sentenced to death after a violent killing spree in August 2013.
- He had threatened violence whereas incarcerated and begged corrections officials to commit him to a psychological health establishment.
- Prosecutors say Jenkins shot Juan Uribe-Pena, Jorge Cajiga-Ruiz, Curtis Bradford and Andrea Kruger in three separate ambushes over 10 days last summer time after his July 30 release from prison with out supervision.
- He smirked and laughed briefly as prosecutors recounted details of his victims’ deaths.
- With the existence of these letters — which have been reported beforehand in The World-Herald — Jenkins suggested that prosecutors could be higher off if they did not pursue the death penalty.
- However, in an interview with The World-Herald, Dunning stated expertise helped authorities observe Jenkins from shortly after the Kruger killing until Jenkins’ arrest.
A protection psychiatrist has testified at hearings that Jenkins suffers from schizophrenia and perhaps a bipolar dysfunction, while state psychiatrists have testified that Jenkins is faking mental illness. Jenkins has insisted he doesn’t keep in mind the killings and that an Egyptian god ordered him to kill the four as human sacrifices. A group preventing the dying penalty petitions is working with a $400,000 donation from the Proteus Action League, asking voters to “decline to sign” the petitions.
Thread: Nikko Jenkins
Jenkins had tried to plead no contest to all the fees earlier this month, but the choose refused to accept the plea due to the severity of the fees. He had modified his mind once more by late January, saying he’s mentally unwell and must be released from jail. Nikko Jenkins, 27, who is representing himself, filed a handwritten motion to the Douglas County District Court last week stating his intention to plead guilty to all felony counts towards him.
The last execution in Nebraska was carried out in 1997, when Robert Williams was sentenced to demise by electrical chair for killing two women in 1977. Schmaderer mentioned that earlier than Kruger was killed, police had been looking right into a connection between the sooner unsolved homicides. Investigators had noted that weapons used in the earlier killings were of the identical type.